From Thursday October 18th to Wednesday October 31st, 2012, 3HoursPast & Disparate Disciplines hosted Frosting Fortnight! Frivolous frocks & fripperies abounded, some of your favorite bloggers made special guest appearances, circle skirts made flying leaps across tall buildings, & yes there was even be plenty of cake for all.
If you missed out on the fun but want to relive the glory, check out all the Frosting Fortnight posts below.
- Decide what’s frosting & what’s cake for you.
- Learn the rules of FF & grab some goodies for your blog.
- Welcome to the party! Our first guest blogger, Laura of Lilacs & Lace toots the frosting horn.
- Garments made of chocolate & cake are the ultimate frosting.
- Jennifer of One Stitch At A Time, shares a cupcake & frosting recipe for Goldilocks & the Three Bears.
- Let these fantastical veggie dresses wow you while taking a break from all the talk of sugar.
- Lazy laundry tips for washing your delicate frosting.
- Be inspired by the fantastic outfits of this third grader.
- Cindy of Cation Designs shows us some great tips for embellishing your cake.
- Becky of Domestic News shares an impressive apfel strudel recipe & pairs it with a jumper.
- Get your tape & scissors ready for these free downloadable patterns, perfect for using as a base for embellishments.
- Sit down & chat with us about quilting cottons, one of the most often used fabrics for frosting.
- For a good dose of whimsical inspiration, check out these quirky vintage Halloween costumes.
- Let Rhonda of Rhonda’s Creative Life walk you through making a great dress for traveling & a recipe for zucchini bread.
- Refashion your old clothing with some dye or take them apart & make something else entirely different.
- Make your clothing with quality linings so they don’t become wardrobe orphans that fall apart & never get worn.
- Wrap up the festivities with a photo parade of the greatest hits from the week.