Cindy’s guest post on embellishment ideas was very inspiring. Creative use of bias tape & cording can make for little doses of frosting to spice up your wardrobe. Here are some free patterns that can serve as a good jumping off point for your embellishment experiments.
- Gertie’s Portrait Blouse from her new book
- Steph’s Blank Canvas Tee
- Cindy’s Dolman Sleeve Top
- 1930’s Blouse
- Vivat Veritas Scallop Waisted Skirt
- Gored Skirt Patterns & Alteration Tips
- Sailor Pants or Skirt
- How to Make a Skirt Block & transform it into a High Waisted Pencil Skirt
For more ideas, here are some tips on changing patterns for different looks. Also, Burda Style offers a free pattern every Friday. This week’s is a pleated skirt that doesn’t lend itself as well to embellishments, but you can expect future patterns to be good for adding a bit of frosting flair.
If you loved the designer dresses, search showstudio for free designer patterns that aren’t basic.