Years ago I made a single sock. I’ve been using it as a camera case.
I used short rows for making the toe & the heel, which turned out to be pretty easy. For the foot & leg I used the seaweed stitch pattern, for which there was an accompanying pattern for a whole sock. I didn’t really look at the sock pattern, so my stitches probably aren’t as perfectly centered, but I’m still pleased with the outcome. The purpose of the course wasn’t to follow a pattern anyways- it was to learn the basics of toe up sock construction so you can design your own. With that in mind I didn’t add a regular ribbed cuff & instead added a single row of crochet mesh stitches. Although the crocheted stitches are a bit too tight to see the holes.
I think this might be the fourth lime green thing I’ve made this year, but the colors seemed perfect for a stitch called seaweed- a few shades of green, hints of yellow & brown.
All this knitting has been a lot of fun & I’m itching to do more. However, I’m really missing sewing. My sewing area is in shambles though because of moving. Thank goodness knitting is portable enough that I don’t have to be tacked down to a specific area or machine.
I think my next sock will have to use a moccasin toe. It’s so great that just one course can teach me three different methods each for toe & heel construction. I’ll be busy sock knitting for awhile.